About Mrs. Spillman:
I graduated from the Azusa Pacific University with a Bachelor's degree in Human Development and went on to get my Master's degree in Educational Technology and Learning. I've been teaching First Grade here at Cottonwood Canyon since 2005 and I absolutely love it! In my spare time I like to exercise, spend time at the beach, hiking, camping, boating and spending time with family and friends.
.....every child has the right to learn in an environment where they feel safe.
.....children learn by making mistakes, therefore mistakes are to be celebrated!
.....every child is smart, we just need to find their smartness.
.....all children need to learn to respect the likeness and differences in one another.
.....that change is to be experienced!
.....children learn by example.
.....children learn by doing, messing up, and sharing.
.....children are wonderful!
.....that everyone learns by making mistakes, it is the environment of the mistake that helps one learn.
Affirmations for Teachers
1. I am proud to be a teacher.
2. Teaching is one of the most honorable and noble of all professions.
3. I LOVE what I do and know that my enthusiasm is contagious.
4. I bring knowledge, dedication, and understanding to my classroom.
5. I make a positive difference in my students' lives.
6. My students will be better people because of my efforts and I will be a
better person because of them.
7. I know what I give to my students will come back to me in many wonderful and unexpected ways.